Summer’s in full swing, and it’s no secret productivity in the office tends to drop when temps start to rise. Employees have summer barbecues and upcoming vacation time on the brain. The sunshine pouring through the office windows really doesn’t help the situation.
That’s why we’ve scoured the web to tackle summer productivity in the office. We’ve put together a list of the best productivity-related content we could find. After all, summer might just be when we all need it most! We’ve got tips for staying efficient in the heat and productivity lessons we can learn from preschoolers. Plus, the top takeaways from one man’s yearlong dive into productivity. In other words, we’ve got your summer reading ready.
July Content Round-Up: Productivity
- Six Ways to Increase Employee Productivity in Summer: Full of all sorts of counter-intuitive tips (such as making the most of the summer slow down!), this article is not like other click-baity titles you’ve seen before.
- Workers Slack Off More During Summer. That’s Why They’re More Productive: Say what?! We are very much here for the evidence in this article that says slacking off in summer means less stress, and less stress means happier, more productive workers.
- What Preschoolers Can Teach Us About Productivity: Yep, it looks like we’ve got some learning to do.
- The Editor-in-Chief of Insider Inc. Wrote a Book in 6 Weeks: And he lets us in on his ultimate productivity hack.
- Four of The Best Life Hacks from the Productivity Gurus: Experts who practice what they preach when it comes to maximizing productivity.
- All the Productivity Stats You Could Ever Want: A look at productivity in a world where everyone—including us—wants to grab your attention.
- Know Your Lazy Hours: And a few other productivity lessons learned the hard way.
- 10 Lessons Learned from a YEAR of Productivity Experiments: This man took an entire year off to study, test and write about productivity. These are his top takeaways.
- Social Media Might Not Be the Productivity Killer you Thought it Was: Could being socially connected actually make you a more productive and valued asset in the office?
- Six Unconventional Ways To Inspire A High-Performance Culture: Extended leaves and life coaches on site? Okay, we’re all ears.
That’s all we’ve got for now, but we’ll be back next month with another round-up. In the meantime, stay cool, stay productive and enjoy the summer. And don’t forget to leave your thoughts below. Let us know which article you liked best, and tell us what summer productivity means to you and your team!
Photos by carlheyerdahl and krisna iv on Unsplash.com